Monday, December 13, 2010

2011 Plans

Tsirkus is now going into it's third year. The project first flew the banner as a sponsored non-profit project in October 2008 at The Brooklyn Indie Market. 2011 promises to be an exciting year with some big plans in the works.

I've been experimenting with pinhole imaging and painting with light to create complex multi-figure works in fairly large interior spaces.I haven't posted these in any official place as yet, mostly because I want to hold off until the project is really underway and possibly offer a "secret link."

I'm gratified that people have actually found this blog up to now without any prompting. My plan is to do a fundraiser on Kickstarter, an online resource for raising money for creative projects. Currently I have 162 "fans" on the Tsirkus Facebook page. When we reach the tentative goal of 500, I'll launch the fundraiser.

The Internet is not magic. Money does not just fall into one's lap, which is why I'm doing the homework--networking, talking to people, bringing them the test prints to look at (if you're in Philly or get to NYC, I'm happy to do so), but most of all working hard in the studio to make images that are unique and worth the viewer's time.

With that being said, tell your friends!

RA Friedman, Principal Photographer







No comments:

Post a Comment