Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Week of 01 20 2014

Location: West  approach to the South St. Bridge
Camera: Canon EOS 5D
Lens: 24-105, @43mm
ISO: 800
Exposure: 1/640 @f11
File Size: 11 x 13 @240 dpi
Print: Epson Artisan 1430/ Cone Color Inks/ Moab Lasal

 I tried this scene a number of times with a number of different cameras including working on a tripod with my old Rolleiflex and with a 1950’s era Hasselblad with which I’m experimenting.  As fate would have it, the image that works for me was shot digitally and hand-held on my way up to Penn.


The original image was rather flat in the foreground, but the sky had high luminosity and the light/dark pattern was not immediately clear, making the printing more involved.  As I’m learning, digital image processing from camera RAW is complex; rather than a single method, there are many.

No comments:

Post a Comment