Monday, November 30, 2009

First plan drawing for a set of modern magic lantern slides.


First drawing made for the "33 Things about being an artist" project.

One of the things I love about drawing, being alone in the studio, away from the phone and email, is all the ideas that flow through my head.

My goal is to make 33 images within the next two months and then to turn them into a magic lantern show.

I'm loving the public and community work I'm doing, but there are ideas, emotions, commentaries, satires and loci of humor that need an outlet and this is my "box" for them. I may take some heat for these, then again, my experience has been that which you worry over is usually just ignored.

I was thinking today, my story is not so unusual, what is, is that I survived long enough, learned enough, studied enough, and worked enough to give it form.

No comments:

Post a Comment