Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Week of 02/24/14: Woodland Cemetery, West Philadelphia


I visited a number of times over the last few weeks in weather that ranged from balmy to fierce, but the space has a magic about it that makes the exigencies of photographing in winter seem petty. On a few days I shot with an all-mechanical 35mm SLR that is impervious to the cold. The sprawling cemetery landscape with its ever-shifting light is also perfect for using medium format and I worked that way as well. The film shots are still in progress and I will post those in the next few weeks.

All photos Canon Eos 5D Mk1, unless otherwise noted. 


Camera: Lumix G2





Jayne (center) and Grant (right, cropped)


Hamm

Mother, Guilfoyle


Grant

Camera: Lumix G2. This cloud formation appeared just as I was about to leave for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment